Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Movies in Pasadena for $2 to $3? Yep!

Sometimes I crave an elegant moviegoing experience, like at the Arclight or The Bridge: lots of legroom, reserved seats and fellow moviegoers who, by dint of being willing to pay a few extra dollars for the experience, are probably not seat-kickers or prone to gab on their cell phones during the movie. Other times I'm in the mood for super cheap and am okay with contending with sticky floors and second-run movies.
At times like that I'm likely to head over to the Regency Academy in Pasadena. At $2 for movies before 6 and $3 for movies at 6pm or after (except for their Midnight Movie), it's an amazing deal. I can't guarantee you won't deal with self-involved people chattering on cell phones - I dealt with one such idiot on my last visit - but on days when you want to pinch a few hundred pennies, it's an excellent alternative to the fancy-pants theaters.

Regency Academy Cinema 6 - Pasadena
1003 E. Colorado Blvd
At Colorado & Catalina
Pasadena, CA. 91106
626-229-9400

2 comments:

  1. I love this theater! Do you know that on Wednesday nights they have a special? $10 for two admissions, two sodas and two popcorns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I genuinely love an enjoyable venue at a cheap price- thanks for letting everyone know about this one! Love your use of the expression fancy-pants too. Witty and informative- please present more of the same.

    ReplyDelete